Notice: The Regatta has been moved to November 10th Due to Hurricane
2012 Yacht Basin Provision Company
Steede Bonnet Regatta
Saturday – November 10th, 2012 Notice of Race
Click Here to Download the NOR in PDF Format
1. Rules - The race will be governed by the current Racing Rules of Sailing, the prescriptions of US Sailing
and the sailing instructions.
2. Eligibility and Entry - The Regatta is open to all PHRF self-righting displacement mono-hull boats.
Costumes, preferably pirate theme, are required for skipper & crew. All competing boats must comply with US
Sailing and USCG safety standards and regulation, be suitable for the competition and have an operational Marine
VHF radio on board.
3. Registration - Completion and submittal of the registration form will be required prior to the start of the
Captains Meeting. Registration forms are available at The Provision Company or at www.provisioncompany.com
4. Fees - There are no fees to participate in this event.
5. Notices - Notices and changes will be posted at the Provision Co. one hour prior to the warning signal.
Postponement and cancellation will be posted and transmitted on channel 78 at regular intervals up to the published
start time. The determination by the Race Committee to cancel the race after the start (e.g., due to inclement
weather) will be transmitted on channel 78.
6. Schedule Of Race Events – October 27, 2012
9:30 AM Captain’s Meeting Yacht Basin Provision Company
1:00 PM First Assigned Start ICW West of the Old Yacht Basin
5:00 PM PARTY Yacht Basin Provision Company
• Live entertainment.
7. Regatta Description - The Regatta will consist of one race. The race will feature a pursuit start based on
assigned PHRF ratings. Each boat entered will be assigned a starting time before the conclusion of the Captains
The start line is located in the vicinity of the Yacht Basin Provision Company Pier. The actual starting line will be
determined the morning of the race and announced at the captain’s meeting. Boats not starting should allow room for
boats that are starting.
The course will be composed of sailing in and around the Cape Fear River, Southport/Bald Island vicinity. The finish
line will be off the Yacht Basin Provision Company Pier on a line specified in the sailing instructions.
8. Sailing Instructions – The Sailing Instructions will be available at the Captains meeting.
8. Awards - Awards will be presented by the Yacht Basic Provision Company to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd based upon
their determination of awards.
9. For more information contact Bob Griffith, (910) 524-7245, email@example.com